Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Freedom At Last

I don't think that my life will ever be same again for i have tasted the 'exclusive' and the 'ever elusive' (atleast for me) freedom a two wheeler offers to guys of my age.
This freedom as it goes for any other human endeavour was not a windfall to me. It took me tonnes of pleadings and persuasions before the successful transfer of my TVS Scooty from Tarapur (a small town 100 km from Mumbai and the first nuclear power station of India) to Delhi could materialise.
The story goes like this...

In case you are hoping to know the explicit pleading procedure that I had to go through, I would like to state it at the outset that I have no intentions of disclosing it. Thus for the sake of letting you figure out your own reasons to have a two wheeler, I would instead mention here the aftermaths of the whole process. I believe that this process has been a exciting happening in my life.

Well, so it started with me packing my bags, atleast the thought of it, (as all my packings actually start 45 min prior to the departure time of the train, including in it the 25 min it takes me to reach station. Gosh, I need to change this habit!) a day before I was about to leave and my friends back home started suggesting all steps I should have taken a month in advance. And after braving them all, I embarked on the journey to delhi.

After reaching Delhi and getting my bike out of the station (which is yet another story of the Great Indian Efficiency at work and thus I won't describe it here) I was confronted first of all by all the masked (helmet) men for which I was not equipped. Thus began my race for getting into IIT premises before the patrolling team could get me, which I won ultimately. And this was a experience a God (law) fearing soul like me would cherish forever.

Warning: I know that this is worst anyone could get at describing things and my sympathies are totally with you for having to go through this (:P) Hope I improve sometime.

No comments: